The Lifespan of a Fact
by Jeremy Kareken, David Murrell and Gordon Farrell
Directed by Meredith McDonough
- October 19 , 2019 / Saturday 4:00PM
- October 20 , 2019 / Sunday 2:00PM
- October 20 , 2019 / Sunday 7:00PM
- October 22 , 2019 / Tuesday 7:00PM
- October 23 , 2019 / Wednesday 1:30PM Post-Show Discussion
Celebrated author John D’Agata has just written a sublime and shattering magazine essay. But is the story true? When the world’s most neurotically precise fact-checker starts dissecting the author’s work, it begins to split at the seams. As the final deadline looms, hard facts square off against emotional truths in a funny and searing high-stakes showdown.
Running Time: 85 minutes, performed with no intermission.
Cast & Creative Staff
Brian Slaten (John D'Agata)
Griffin Osborne (Jim Fingal)
Perri Gaffney (Emily Penrose)
Director: Meredith McDonough
Scenic Designer: Arnel V. Sancianco
Costume Designer: Kathleen Geldard
Lighting Designer: Paul Toben
Sound Designer: Christian Frederickson
Projection Designer: Jerran Kowalski
The Lifespan of a Fact is recommended for adults and teenage audiences. The show contains adult language and intellectual discussions about weighty issues including suicide.
Enhance Your Experience
• Read our Play Guide for The Lifespan of a Fact, featuring a breakdown of the characters, story and the history of the play's development.
• View our resource list for The Lifespan of a Fact, featuring relevant books, movies and other media hand-selected by the St. Louis County Library!
• Take part in Saint Louis Art Museum tours that tie in with the themes of the show, happening October 19, 26 and 27 at 2 p.m.