The Ant and the Grasshopper
Sensory Friendly Performances
Book, music and lyrics by Brian Hohlfeld
- November 23 , 2019 / Saturday 10:30AM
- November 23 , 2019 / Saturday 12:30PM
The Imaginary Theatre Company will present The Ant and the Grasshopper in a pair of performances tailored for young people with sensory sensitivity and their families.
Sensory friendly details:
- The cast of actors is experienced with sensory sensitivity.
- Modified sound, lighting and other adjustments make the theatre space more sensory friendly.
- Pacing lanes and fidget rooms are available during the performance.
- A Social Story will be available online prior to the performance.
- Families can meet the costumed actors after the performance, as well as touch their costumes.
The story: Preparations for winter are underway, and no one is working harder than the ant family. When a zany, unproductive grasshopper arrives, he provides a welcome distraction for Little Ant, who finds work dull and repetitive. However, when the difficult winter season arrives, the grasshopper finds himself begging for help from the prepared ant family. Will they lend a hand to their lazy friend, or will the grasshopper be left out in the cold? Join us for this musical adaptation of a classic tale about the importance of hard work, and the value of fun and friendship!