The Ant and the Grasshopper
Book, music and lyrics by Brian Hohlfeld
- November 23 , 2019 / Saturday 10:30AM Sensory-Friendly Performance
- November 23 , 2019 / Saturday 12:30PM Sensory-Friendly Performance
- November 23 , 2019 / Saturday 3:00PM
The Imaginary Theatre Company will present The Ant and the Grasshopper in a pair of performances tailored for young people with sensory sensitivity and their families (10:30 am and 12:30 pm), as well as a conventional performance of the show (3 pm).
- The cast of actors is experienced with sensory sensitivity.
- Modified sound, lighting and other adjustments make the theatre space more sensory-friendly.
- Pacing lanes and fidget rooms are available during the performance.
- A Social Story is available for guests.
- Families can meet the costumed actors after the performance, as well as touch their costumes.
The story: Preparations for winter are underway, and no one is working harder than the ant family. When a zany, unproductive grasshopper arrives, he provides a welcome distraction for Little Ant, who finds work dull and repetitive. However, when the difficult winter season arrives, the grasshopper finds himself begging for help from the prepared ant family. Will they lend a hand to their lazy friend, or will the grasshopper be left out in the cold? Join us for this musical adaptation of a classic tale about the importance of hard work, and the value of fun and friendship!
Cast & Creative Staff
- Kate Shaefer (Little Ant)
- Omega Jones (Father)
- Sophia Brown (Mother)
- Essence Tyler (Grasshopper)
- Director: Gad Guterman
- Music Director: Lamar Harris
- Scenic Designer: Dunsi Dai
- Costume Designer: Erin Reed
- Stage Manager: Carolyn Ivy Carter
Enhance Your Experience
- View our Ant and the Grasshopper Study Guide, which features background information about the show for students and educators.