JOB TITLE: Front Of House Team Member
DEPARTMENT: Front of House
POSITION: Front Of House Team Member – Usher, Ticket Taker, Parking Ambassador
REPORTS TO: House Management Team
JOB TYPE: Part time, seasonal employment 34-weeks
START DATE: August 15, 2022
SALARY: $14 / Hour
ABOUT THE REP:
The Rep is the St. Louis region’s most honored live professional theatre company. Founded in 1966, The Repertory Theatre of St. Louis is a fully professional theatrical operation belonging to the League of Resident Theatres, The League of St. Louis Theatres and is a constituent member of Theatre Communications Group, Inc., the national service organization for the not-for-profit professional theatre.
ARTISTIC DIRECTOR STATEMENT:
The Repertory Theatre of St. Louis is committed to elevating and celebrating our shared humanity through transformational live theatre and programs that cultivate community. The Rep is going through a significant season of evolution. This is a moment of intentional internal evaluation, expansion and reinvestment in the creation, access, and impact of our work. We believe in dynamic, welcoming, bold, innovative art with exceptional production quality and craftsmanship. We believe diversity is a value in every sector of our theatre and center the idea of life-long learning off and on the stage. There has never been a better time to join The Rep family. We are looking for Front Of House Team Members that embrace these values and seeks to be a thought-leading voice as we build strong, sustainable, equitable processes to support exceptional artistry. I believe in the fundamental power of our artform to transform lives and community. As Artistic Director, I welcome you to bring the whole of your ingenuity, your dreams, and your talents to the theatre. Let’s craft the future of the American Theatre together.
-Hana S. Sharif
MISSION, VISION, AND VALUES:
Read more here
The Rep is seeking experienced customer support representatives for our Front Of House (FOH) Team Member position, which includes rotating job duties as Usher, Ticket Taker and Parking Ambassador. Team Members assist patrons with a welcoming and safe experience at The Rep’s home venue, the Loretto-Hilton Center on Webster University campus, as well as two satellite venues the Center Of Creative Arts (COCA) in University City and the Kirkwood Performing Arts Center (KPAC) in Kirkwood. The FOH Team Member position is a seasonal, part-time position occurring on evenings, weekends and occasional weekday, daytime matinees, and shift lengths last 2.5-5 hours depending upon position rotation and show length. FOH Team Members are asked to commit to a semi-consistent schedule of no less than 3 shifts up to 5+ shifts per week at all theatre locations, including weekday matinee hours. The show calendar varies slightly week to week (with occasional weeks off) running September – May. Please see www.repstl.org for the full show calendar.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Offer an inclusive, accessible and welcoming customer support experience to each and every patron.
- Maintain the order and cleanliness of the theater, theater lobby, entrances, walkways, and other patron areas before, during and after each performance.
- Provide punctuality, accountability, consistency and professional responsibility
- Usher patrons to their seats, scan tickets, distribute programs.
- Ensure everyone entering the facilities abides by health and safety policies.
- Check in and issue passes for parking patrons, ensure that patrons abide by parking regulations and policies.
- Ensure patrons abide by safety, photography and other conduct policies.
- Know the seating layout, patron and accessibility facilities of each venue.
- Assist patrons requiring accommodations.
- Be knowledgeable and follow emergency-safety procedures for each venue.
- Report issues/emergencies to the House Management Team as necessary and appropriate.
- Provide appropriate information to patrons regarding venue and performance.
- Be responsible for opening and closing the audience doors and adjusting lights at appropriate times.
- Other duties as assigned by the House Management Team.
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Range to navigate stairs, ramps, between seats, within crowds and maintain a stationary position or stand for hours at a time.
- Range to navigate all of the above in low lighting or no-lighting conditions.
- Range to assist patrons with accessibility needs and emergency procedures.
- Range to carry weight up to 25+ lbs.
- Range to work outdoors or near outdoors in various weather conditions (warming, rain & snow gear and uniforms provided).
- Range to navigate asphalt, hills and grass; sometimes with speed and dexterity.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma/GED, ages 18+ preferred.
- Demonstrates skillful verbal communication skills and emotional intelligence, exhibiting a patient, welcoming, courteous, helpful, inclusive and diversity aware demeanor at all times.
- Demonstrates the ability to follow directions and collaborate as a team member.
- Must employ skillful critical thinking and ethical reasoning skills with stress-management (in handling emergencies or other instances which arise in the performance venues).
- Demonstrates detail-oriented, organizational skills; experience using email and Slack App for communication required.
- Is fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including at least one booster shot. Full vaccination* is defined by 2-doses of Moderna or Pfizer or 1-dose of Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccination.
- Must maintain a tidy, professional appearance and have reliable transportation.
Please fill out the form below, review of applications will begin immediately and continue on a rolling basis until all positions are filled. All applicants will receive email notification of their application status within approximately 1-7 days, and interviews are held virtually via Google Meet. Questions: reach firstname.lastname@example.org.