The Thanksgiving Play
by Larissa FastHorse |
Directed by Amelia Acosta Powell
- February 09 , 2020 / Sunday 2:00PM
- February 09 , 2020 / Sunday 7:00PM
Four earnestly progressive theatre-makers want to create a politically correct Thanksgiving play that is historically accurate, avoids all possible stereotypes and doesn’t offend anyone. Guess how long it takes for everything to fly off the rails? This wickedly hilarious satire hurtles into glorious chaos, skewering both its characters’ pretensions and the traditional “Thanksgiving story.”
Running time: 1 hour and 30 minutes, performed without intermission.
Cast & Creative Staff
- Adam Flores (Jaxton)
- Shayna Blass (Logan)
- Jonathan Spivey (Caden)
- Ani Djirdjirian (Alicia)
- Director: Amelia Acosta Powell
- Scenic Designer: Efren Delgadillo Jr.
- Costume Designer: Lux Haac
- Lighting Designer: Porsche McGovern
- Sound Designer: Cricket S. Myers
- Fight Choreographer: Michael Pierce
- Assistant Director: Alexis Cabrera
- Casting By: Pat McCorkle and Katja Zarolinski, McCorkle Casting Ltd.
- Stage Manager: Shannon B. Sturgis
- Production Assistant: Gunnar Boucher
The Thanksgiving Play is suitable for adults and teenage audiences. This comedy contains mature themes and mild adult language about America’s sometimes troubling history.