by Bekah Brunstetter
- March 11 , 2020 / Wednesday 7:00PM Preview
- March 12 , 2020 / Thursday 8:00PM Preview
- March 13 , 2020 / Friday 8:00PM Opening Night
- March 14 , 2020 / Saturday 4:00PM
- March 15 , 2020 / Sunday 2:00PM
For small-town baker Della, the creation of sweet and sumptuous cakes is a rapturous experience. Her love of baking is matched by the intense affection she feels for Jen, the young woman she helped to raise and views as a surrogate daughter. But when Jen asks that Della bake a cake for her wedding to another woman, Della’s religious beliefs stop her cold. With immense heart and humor, Brunstetter’s play navigates the messy collision of the personal and the political, while illuminating the humanity of all involved.