Mojada: A Medea in Los Angeles
by Luis Alfaro
- January 08 , 2020 / Wednesday 7:00PM Preview
- January 09 , 2020 / Thursday 8:00PM Preview
- January 10 , 2020 / Friday 8:00PM Opening Night
- January 11 , 2020 / Saturday 4:00PM
- January 12 , 2020 / Sunday 2:00PM
The Greek tragedy Medea is reborn through the experiences of a young immigrant family living in modern day Los Angeles. Shrouded in evocative mysticism, this tale of love, loss and transformation pulses with an escalating sense of danger. In this fresh retelling, Medea and Jason grapple not only with their own star-crossed marriage, but with the weight of the sacrifices demanded in the battle between assimilation and tradition.
Mojada: A Medea in Los Angeles is recommended for adult audiences. True to the original Greek tragedy, the play includes mature situations, violence, adultery and the murder of a child as well as adult language in both English and Spanish.