Theatre Usher Application
Thank you for your interest in working for the Repertory Theatre of St. Louis!
The Rep is returning to the Loretto-Hilton Center on the Webster University campus for the 2021-2022 Mainstage Shows and is seeking Theatre Ushers to provide front-of-house ushering beginning Friday, September 10th. Please find the full job description below, then complete THIS REQUIRED FORM to submit your application.
The Theatre Usher position has several roles including, Office Assistant, Ticket Scanner, Seating/Program Distribution, and others. This support includes:
- Responsibility for scanning, tearing, and/or collecting ticket stubs, and instructing patrons in accessing the digital programs for each performance.
- Responsibility for assisting any patrons that may need accommodations.
- Responsibility for maintaining the cleanliness of the theater, theater lobby, and other patron areas before, during and after each performance.
- Responsibility for other duties as assigned by House Manager.
This is a seasonal position, working between 2 and 5 hours a shift. The theater season runs from September 10, 2021 until April 10, 2022.
RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
- Greeting patrons with enthusiasm and professionalism.
- Ensuring that everyone entering a performance presents a valid ticket.
- Providing appropriate information to patrons regarding venue and performance.
- Knowing seating layout of the Loretto-Hilton Center performance spaces.
- Following basic emergency-safety procedures for Loretto-Hilton Center.
- Reporting problems/emergencies to the House Manager as necessary and appropriate.
- Being responsible for opening and closing the audience doors at the appropriate times.
- Responding willingly to other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates the ability to follow directions and work as a team member.
- Demonstrates skillful verbal communication skills, exhibiting a patient, friendly, polite, helpful and diversity aware demeanor at all times.
- Must be well-groomed.
- Must employ skillful critical thinking and ethical reasoning skills with stress-management (in dealing with emergencies or other instances which arise in the performance venue).
- Must be discreet and tactful in responding to patron needs.
- Must know and understand basic emergency-safety procedures for Loretto-Hilton Center.
WORKING CONDITIONS / PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time and patrol the theater.
- Must be able to bend and kneel to clean as required.
- Must be able to climb three flights of stairs.
- Must be able to lift and carry 35 lbs. for short distances.
Shifts available Tuesday – Sunday evenings, plus Wednesday, Saturday & Sunday afternoons. The performance schedule varies from week to week. Not all times listed below will be scheduled each week, and there will be some weeks in which no shows are scheduled (please see www.repstl.org for our current season schedule). We are seeking applicants that are able to commit to a more consistent schedule throughout the season. Please note you may be scheduled to work based on the availability you provide on this form.
Tuesday 5:30pm to 10:30pm
Wednesday 12:30 to 5:30pm; 5:30 to 10:30pm
Thursday 6:30 to 11:30pm
Friday 6:30 to 11:30pm
Saturday 12:30 to 5:30pm; 2:30 to 7:30pm; 6:30 to 11:30pm
Sunday 12:30 to 5:30pm; 5:30 to 10:30pm
*Theatre Ushers are REQUIRED to attend a paid, 1.5 hour training session prior to their first scheduled shift.
Pay Rate: $ 10.50 / hour
Questions: [email protected]
*HEALTH & SAFETY POLICIES:
The Rep is requiring every Theatre Usher to have received full COVID vaccination by their first shift (or can provide medical or religious exemption). All persons are required to wear a COVID-safe mask for the entire duration of their shift.
The Repertory Theatre of St. Louis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.