REPORTS TO: Director of Production
JOB TYPE: Full Time, Seasonal (July-April),Exempt
START DATE: ASAP
The Rep is the St. Louis region’s most honored live professional theatre company. Founded in 1966, The Repertory Theatre of St. Louis is a fully professional theatrical operation belonging to the League of Resident Theatres, The League of St. Louis Theatres and is a constituent member of Theatre Communications Group, Inc., the national service organization for the not-for-profit professional theatre.
ARTISTIC DIRECTOR STATEMENT
The Repertory Theatre of St. Louis is committed to elevating and celebrating our shared humanity through transformational live theatre and programs that cultivate community. The Rep is going through a significant season of evolution. This is a moment of intentional internal evaluation, expansion and reinvestment in the creation, access, and impact of our work. We believe in dynamic, welcoming, bold, innovative art with exceptional production quality and craftsmanship. We believe diversity is a value in every sector of our theatre and center the idea of lifelong learning off and on the stage. There has never been a better time to join The Rep family. We are looking for a Production Associate that embraces these values and seeks to be a thought-leading voice as we build strong, sustainable, equitable processes to support exceptional artistry. I believe in the fundamental power of our artform to transform lives and community. As Artistic Director, I welcome you to bring the whole of your ingenuity, your dreams, and your talents to the theatre. Let’s craft the future of the American Theatre together.
-Hana S. Sharif
The Repertory Theatre of St. Louis creates bridges between people in the St. Louis region and beyond through expertly crafted theatrical experiences that are joyful, unique, inspiring and thought-provoking.
The Repertory Theatre of St. Louis will be a welcoming home where a full spectrum of artists and audiences courageously engage with one another and expand their appreciation and understanding of the world.
- Collective Excellence
- Equity and Anti-Racism
- Resource Stewardship for Sustainability and Growth
- Life-long learning
The Repertory Theatre St. Louis (LORT B) is accepting applicants for the position of Production Associate. The Production Associate will report directly to the Director of Production and will assist production management staff with administrative tasks and act as the purchaser for all the production departments. In the production office, the associate will assist in ordering, scheduling, and other day to day tasks associated with running a production department.
The Repertory Theatre of St. Louis is committed to creating a culturally diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with production management to generate and maintain paperwork; including but not limited to calendaring, scheduling, and other administrative PM office needs.
- Assist in the coordination of all information and files for visiting actors, directors, designers, and staff.
- Assist in communications and check in with production personnel at rehearsals, tech, previews, etc.
- Collaborate with Production Shops to research and purchase materials in a timely and efficient manner. Become familiar with design concepts in order to efficiently procure materials and components.
- Provide budget tracking to the Finance and Production departments for Production budgets, including tools, supplies and individual production material accounts.
- Pulling of production materials from Rep STL warehouses and storage units as needed for productions, rental, or rehearsal.
- Picking up supplies and materials from vendors, as well as helping to nurture and maintain positive relationships with regular vendors and seeking out new ones.
- Ensure Production Department vehicles receive regular and necessary maintenance.
- Attend production meetings, staff meetings, and other meetings as needed.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Demonstrated professional experience in non-profit arts or theatre.
- Commitment to creating and maintaining an equitable, inclusive, and anti-racist environment that values diversity and centers excellence.
- Ability to work with a variety of people with diverse and demanding artistic talents and personalities.
- Ability to proficiently track spreadsheets and data of purchasing, schedules, etc.
- Self-motivated with strong administrative and organizational skills, along with close attention to detail and ability to maintain good records.
- Strong critical thinker and problem-solver. Able to work on multiple projects at one time and shift priorities calmly and reflexively.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office® products, specifically Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours/days, including evenings and weekends, reflective of the dynamic schedule of the theater.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Possess a valid U.S drivers license with good driving record and the ability to operate large box trucks .
- Physical requirements include: lift 40 pounds with assistance, working with your hands for long periods of time (up to entire shift), climbing stairs/ladders.
- Ability to operate a computer
Please complete the form below.