INSTITUTIONAL GIFTS MANAGER
REPORTS TO: Director of Development
JOB TYPE: Full Time
START DATE: Mid-February 2023
COMPENSATION/SALARY: $60,000 to $70,000 annually
The Rep is the St. Louis region’s most honored live professional theatre company. Founded in 1966, The Repertory Theatre of St. Louis is a fully professional theatrical operation belonging to the League of Resident Theatres, The League of St. Louis Theatres and is a constituent member of Theatre Communications Group, Inc., the national service organization for the not-for-profit professional theatre.
ARTISTIC DIRECTOR STATEMENT
The Repertory Theatre of St. Louis is committed to elevating and celebrating our shared humanity through transformational live theatre and programs that cultivate community. The Rep is going through a significant season of evolution. This is a moment of intentional internal evaluation, expansion and reinvestment in the creation, access, and impact of our work. We believe in dynamic, welcoming, bold, innovative art with exceptional production quality and craftsmanship. We believe diversity is a value in every sector of our theatre and center the idea of lifelong learning off and on the stage. There has never been a better time to join The Rep family. We are looking for an Institutional Gifts Manager that embraces these values and seeks to be a thought-leading voice as we build strong, sustainable, equitable processes to support exceptional artistry. I believe in the fundamental power of our art form to transform lives and community. As Artistic Director, I welcome you to bring the whole of your ingenuity, your dreams, and your talents to the theatre. Let's craft the future of the American Theatre together.
-Hana S. Sharif
The Repertory Theatre of St. Louis creates bridges between people in the St. Louis region and beyond through expertly crafted theatrical experiences that are joyful, unique, inspiring and thought-provoking.
The Repertory Theatre of St. Louis will be a welcoming home where a full spectrum of artists and audiences courageously engage with one another and expand their appreciation and understanding of the world.
- Collective Excellence
- Equity and Anti-Racism
- Resource Stewardship for Sustainability and Growth
- Life-long learning
The Institutional Gifts Manager is responsible for actively supporting the fund development and cultivation activities of The Rep. This role collaborates with executive staff, board, and volunteers in the identification cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of corporate and foundation donors to the Rep’s annual giving program.
The Repertory Theatre of St. Louis is committed to creating a culturally diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- (60%) Manages the grant proposal process for The Rep. This work may include but is not limited to:
- Researching various types of grants and the criteria to qualify for each;
- Collaborating with key team members to gather necessary information for applications and reports;
- Writing and completing grant applications in a clear and compelling manner, in accordance with application requirements;
- Ensuring the grant is submitted on time and within application parameters;
- Completing all documents, forms, and/or reports required by the grant;
- Tracking and reporting on grant applications through the approval process.
- (25%) Maintains and grows Foundation Gifts and Corporate Sponsorships. This work may include, but is not limited to:
- Identifying and soliciting new prospects for corporate and foundation gifts;
- Writing all corporate sponsorship proposals;
- Coordinating and ensuring the fulfillment of the Corporate Sponsorship Program, including ticket dispersal, ads, etc.;
- Planning and managing any events or functions related to the institutional gifts program
- (15%) Performs other general research, reporting, and maintenance related to the Institutional Gifts Program. This work may include, but is not limited to:
- Maintaining cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship activity records;
- Managing special project solicitations, as needed;
- Partnering with the Individual Giving Manager to research and share data and opportunities;
- Providing regular written reports to the Director of Development and Executive Leadership.
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
- 3-5+ years of development experience with a proven track record of success in corporate and foundation solicitations;
- 3+ years of experience in grant writing;
- Outstanding creative and persuasive writing skills;
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and time-management skills;
- Goal-oriented and self-motivated;
- Adaptable and proactive;
- Ability to work independently;
- Excellent communication skills, with strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
COVID-19 AND VACCINATION POLICY
This job description is designed to provide a general overview of the job’s requirements. It does not entail a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties, or responsibilities that will be required. The Repertory Theatre of St. Louis reserves the right to modify this job description at any time, including assigning or reassigning job duties or deleting this position.
Candidates should submit a cover letter (include where you saw this job posting) and resume to DevelopmentSearch@repstl.org. No phone calls, please. Applications will be accepted in Word or PDF format. Subject line should read: Last Name, First Name – Institutional Giving Manager. New employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination prior to the first date of employment.