FACILITIES & OPERATIONS MANAGER
DEPARTMENT: Company Management
POSITION: Facilities & Operations Manager
REPORTS TO: General Manager
JOB TYPE: Full Time, Year Around
START DATE: ASAP
SALARY RANGE: $32,000 + Housing (valued at $12,000 annually)
The Rep is the St. Louis region’s most honored live professional theatre company. Founded in 1966, The Repertory Theatre of St. Louis is a fully professional theatrical operation belonging to the League of Resident Theatres, The League of St. Louis Theatres and is a constituent member of Theatre Communications Group, Inc., the national service organization for the not-for-profit professional theatre.
ARTISTIC DIRECTOR STATEMENT
The Repertory Theatre of St. Louis is committed to elevating and celebrating our shared humanity through transformational live theatre and programs that cultivate community. The Rep is going through a significant season of evolution. This is a moment of intentional internal evaluation, expansion and reinvestment in the creation, access, and impact of our work. We believe in dynamic, welcoming, bold, innovative art with exceptional production quality and craftsmanship. We believe diversity is a value in every sector of our theatre and center the idea of life-long learning off and on the stage. There has never been a better time to join The Rep family. We are looking for a Facilities & Operations Manager that embraces these values and seeks to be a thought-leading voice as we build strong, sustainable, equitable processes to support exceptional artistry. I believe in the fundamental power of our artform to transform lives and community. As Artistic Director, I welcome you to bring the whole of your ingenuity, your dreams, and your talents to the theatre. Let’s craft the future of the American Theatre together.
-Hana S. Sharif
MISSION, VISION, AND VALUES
Read more here
This position reports to the General Manager will work closely with the Company Management Team and the Special Events Manager. Hours will range from early mornings to late evenings and may often include nights and weekends. This position will be on-call for any/all housing-related emergencies to include, but not limited to lockouts, maintenance issues, wellness checks, and weather response.
This position will be required to follow any and all COVID-19 safety practices set by The Repertory Theatre of St. Louis. It is crucial that they take COVID-19 safety practices very seriously as they will be interacting with guest artists regularly.
The Repertory Theatre of St. Louis is committed to creating a culturally diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing, maintaining, and facilitating improvements on a 20-unit apartment building owned by the theatre.
- Working with vendors and contractors to respond swiftly to any/all building and furnishings repairs.
- Potential gardening and lawncare, as well as snow removal, salting, etc.
- Ensuring Apartments are up to code and working with the city to facilitate any necessary updates.
- Creating and leading a multi-year apartment improvements strategy in partnership with the General Manager.
- Communicating and coordinating with partner venues and assist in managing off-site storage facilities.
- Assisting execution of events and meetings in partnership with the Special Events Manager.
- Running errands for the management team when necessary.
- Facilitating long and short-term rentals to generate revenue during apartment vacancies.
- Coordinating with cleaning and laundry team to turn over apartments between guests.
- Working with Company Management to facilitate requests from guest artists when necessary.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Has access to a vehicle, an active driver's license, and good driving record
- Is proficient in Microsoft Word & Excel
- Is fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including at least one booster shot
- Has exceptional communication skills and a warm, welcoming demeanor
- Not required, but strong candidates would have general handy person skills and/or previous experience in property management.
COVID-19 AND VACCINATION POLICY
As a condition of employment, The Rep will require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including one booster.
Please send cover letter, resume, and 3 references to email@example.com with the subject line "Facilities and Operations Manager". The Rep will be accepting applications until the position is filled.