EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO THE ARTISTIC AND MANAGING DIRECTORS
DEPARTMENT: Artistic and Management
REPORTS TO: Artistic Director and Managing Director
JOB TYPE: Full Time
START DATE: April 2023
The Rep is the St. Louis region’s most honored live professional theatre company. Founded in 1966, The Repertory Theatre of St. Louis is a fully professional theatrical operation belonging to the League of Resident Theatres, The League of St. Louis Theatres and is a constituent member of Theatre Communications Group, Inc., the national service organization for the not-for-profit professional theatre.
ARTISTIC DIRECTOR STATEMENT
The Repertory Theatre of St. Louis is committed to elevating and celebrating our shared humanity through transformational live theatre and programs that cultivate community. The Rep is going through a significant season of evolution. This is a moment of intentional internal evaluation, expansion and reinvestment in the creation, access, and impact of our work. We believe in dynamic, welcoming, bold, innovative art with exceptional production quality and craftsmanship. We believe diversity is a value in every sector of our theatre and center the idea of life-long learning off and on the stage. There has never been a better time to join The Rep family. We are looking for an Executive Assistant to the Artistic and Managing Directors that embraces these values and seeks to be a thought-leading voice as we build strong, sustainable, equitable processes to support exceptional artistry. I believe in the fundamental power of our artform to transform lives and community. As Artistic Director, I welcome you to bring the whole of your ingenuity, your dreams, and your talents to the theatre. Let’s craft the future of the American Theatre together.
-Hana S. Sharif
The Repertory Theatre of St. Louis creates bridges between people in the St. Louis region and beyond through expertly crafted theatrical experiences that are joyful, unique, inspiring and thought-provoking.
The Repertory Theatre of St. Louis will be a welcoming home where a full spectrum of artists and audiences courageously engage with one another and expand their appreciation and understanding of the world.
- Collective Excellence
- Equity and Anti-Racism
- Resource Stewardship for Sustainability and Growth
- Life-long learning
The Executive Assistant will report to both the Artistic Director and Managing Director and work closely with the staff, Board, and artists of the organization. The Executive Assistant plays a critical role in supporting the work of the Artistic and Management departments by providing exceptional organization, efficiency, discretionary judgement and follow through. The Executive Assistant is responsible for maintaining the Artistic Director and Managing Director’s calendar, travel, and communications priorities. This role is not a traditional 9-5 work schedule, as our Executive Assistant will play an integral part in supporting the Artistic and Managing Directors during productions, so this position may require evening and weekend work as needed. We offer a strong compensation package including but not limited to:
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- FSA Plan
- 2 weeks of paid vacation in the first year of employment, 3 weeks per year after the first year
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
The Repertory Theatre of St. Louis is committed to creating a culturally diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answering phones, responding to inquiries, preparing meeting agendas, scheduling meetings, and preparing written materials. Ensuring that all printed materials are well-written and proofed. Maintaining productive, respectful relationships with the Rep management and staff.
- Maintaining regular communications with the Board members, including taking minutes at Board Committee meetings.
- Working closely with the senior leadership team on behalf of the Artistic Director and Managing Director including attending all management and communication meetings.
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the Artistic Director and Managing Director’s office including scheduling travel for each leader.
- Maintaining meticulous expense reports for the Artistic Director and Managing Director and performing credit card reconciliation.
- Organizing, digitizing and maintaining files and records.
- Professionally representing the offices of the Artistic Director and Managing Directors both internally and externally.
- Possesses excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, Google Docs, Dropbox, Zoom and other various computer programs.
- Has experience in a fast-paced office environment.
- Strong analysis and comfort with vocabulary regarding Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.
- Strong working knowledge of database systems and project management software.
- Has the ability to work effectively and independently while handling multiple priorities and deadlines.
COVID-19 AND VACCINATION POLICY
As a condition of employment, The Rep will require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including one booster.