DEPARTMENT: Company Management
REPORTS TO: General Manager
JOB TYPE: Full Time, Year Around
START DATE: ASAP
The Rep is the St. Louis region’s most honored live professional theatre company. Founded in 1966, The Repertory Theatre of St. Louis is a fully professional theatrical operation belonging to the League of Resident Theatres, The League of St. Louis Theatres and is a constituent member of Theatre Communications Group, Inc., the national service organization for the not-for-profit professional theatre.
ARTISTIC DIRECTOR STATEMENT
The Repertory Theatre of St. Louis is committed to elevating and celebrating our shared humanity through transformational live theatre and programs that cultivate community. The Rep is going through a significant season of evolution. This is a moment of intentional internal evaluation, expansion and reinvestment in the creation, access, and impact of our work. We believe in dynamic, welcoming, bold, innovative art with exceptional production quality and craftsmanship. We believe diversity is a value in every sector of our theatre and center the idea of life-long learning off and on the stage. There has never been a better time to join The Rep family. We are looking for a Company Manager that embraces these values and seeks to be a thought-leading voice as we build strong, sustainable, equitable processes to support exceptional artistry. I believe in the fundamental power of our artform to transform lives and community. As Artistic Director, I welcome you to bring the whole of your ingenuity, your dreams, and your talents to the theatre. Let’s craft the future of the American Theatre together.
-Hana S. Sharif
MISSION, VISION, AND VALUES
Read more here
This position reports to the General Manager and will also act as a part of the Artistic Team along with the Assistant Company Manager. Hours will range from early mornings to late evenings and will often include nights and weekends. This position will work with the Assistant Company Manager to share on-call responsibilities and create a schedule that is mutually beneficial knowing that there are dates/times that will require availability.
This position will be required to follow any and all COVID-19 safety practices set by The Repertory Theatre of St. Louis. It is crucial that they take COVID-19 safety practices very seriously as they will be interacting with guest artists regularly. This position will also be responsible for communicating, facilitating, and enforcing COVID-19 safety practices (including regular testing, PPE distribution, etc.) for all companies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Arranging all travel for visiting artists (actors, designers, directors, consultants, etc.) and maintaining detailed travel records.
- Generating travel memos and communicating with Guest Artists to ensure everyone has a smooth experience at The Rep.
- Coordinating with volunteers and rental car companies to facilitate ground transportation.
- Managing, maintaining, and facilitating improvements on a 20-unit apartment building owned by the theatre.
- Coordinating apartment turnovers with cleaners, and laundry service and facilitating rentals to generate revenue when possible.
- Arranging short-term off-site housing when necessary, and maintaining relationships with off-site housing providers.
- Arranging medical appointments when necessary.
- Providing meals for applicable cast and crew during tight meal breaks, and stocking the snack table during techs.
- Working with the GM to prepare and facilitate contracts for guest artists.
- Working with the GM to prepare annual union reports.
- Ensuring The Rep is in compliance with the guidelines of various LORT collective bargaining agreements in all aspects of Company Management.
- Maintaining the Company Management annual budget and tracking all expenses.
- Facilitating and enforcing COVID-19 safety protocols and policies.
- Supervising and working closely with the Assistant Company Manager.
- Maintaining the virtual Artist Portal with the guidance of the GM.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Has access to a vehicle, an active driver’s license, and good driving record.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Is fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including at least one booster shot.
- Has exceptional communication skills and a warm, welcoming demeanor.
- Has prior experience in Company Management.
- Is familiar with the various LORT Collective Bargaining Agreements.
Please send resume, cover letter, and references to Channon@repstl.org. The Rep will be accepting applications until the position is filled.