DEPARTMENT: Communications Manager
REPORTS TO: Marketing Director
JOB TYPE: Full-Time
START DATE: July/August 2022
SALARY RANGE: $50,000-$60,000
The Rep is the St. Louis region’s most honored live professional theatre company. Founded in 1966, The Repertory Theatre of St. Louis is a fully professional theatrical operation belonging to the League of Resident Theatres, The League of St. Louis Theatres and is a constituent member of Theatre Communications Group, Inc., the national service organization for the not-for-profit professional theatre.
ARTISTIC DIRECTOR STATEMENT
The Repertory Theatre of St. Louis is committed to elevating and celebrating our shared humanity through transformational live theatre and programs that cultivate community. The Rep is going through a significant season of evolution. This is a moment of intentional internal evaluation, expansion and reinvestment in the creation, access, and impact of our work. We believe in dynamic, welcoming, bold, innovative art with exceptional production quality and craftsmanship. We believe diversity is a value in every sector of our theatre and center the idea of lifelong learning off and on the stage. There has never been a better time to join The Rep family. We are looking for a Communications Manager that embraces these values and seeks to be a thought-leading voice as we build strong, sustainable, equitable processes to support exceptional artistry. I believe in the fundamental power of our artform to transform lives and communities. As Artistic Director, I welcome you to bring the whole of your ingenuity, your dreams, and your talents to the theatre. Let’s craft the future of the American Theatre together.
-Hana S. Sharif
The Repertory Theatre of St. Louis creates bridges between people in the St. Louis region and beyond through expertly crafted theatrical experiences that are joyful, unique, inspiring and thought-provoking.
The Repertory Theatre of St. Louis will be a welcoming home where a full spectrum of artists and audiences courageously engage with one another and expand their appreciation and understanding of the world.
- Collective Excellence
- Equity and Anti-Racism
- Resource Stewardship for Sustainability and Growth
- Life-long learning
The Communications Manager works to build a great reputation for our organization and build trust with your customers. They are responsible for managing all internal and external communication activities including, but not limited to, email, newsletter, brochures, invitations, etc. for multiple departments across the organization.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for ghostwriting, copywriting, editing/proofing for all external communications within the organization to ensure that all materials are informative and provide a cohesive brand message and voice that engages the intended audience.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining The Rep’s Show Detail Guide/FAQ documents.
- Responsible for requesting and maintaining updated mailing lists throughout the season.
- Responsible for developing, executing and monitoring all email and text (SMS) campaigns.
- Responsible for monitoring and researching communication trends across the industry (theatre and marketing) to help develop new opportunities to continue enhancing our communication paths.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years experience in communication or copywriting role in a theatre or live entertainment (preferred).
- Experience with developing and executing effective communications strategies
- Strong copywriting and copy-editing skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience managing digital content
- Proven knowledge of communications and marketing ethics and best practice
- Experience in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), Google Suites, and ConstantContact
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Analytical mind and ability to think critically
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- A get-things-done attitude with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines