Talk Theatre Interactive Lecture Series
The Rep's Volunteer Board is proud to present the 18th season of this popular lecture series. This terrific program takes place the first Monday after each Mainstage opening and is always a hit with theatre enthusiasts who want to learn about and discuss the plays they see at The Rep.
Held at the beautiful Sally S. Levy Opera Center (210 Hazel Avenue, near the Loretto-Hilton Center), the Talk Theatre interactive lecture series features Rep creative staff as well as local and national professionals sharing their insights on a broad range of topics. Speakers may include directors, actors, writers, professors or any professional who can share a unique perspective relevant to the current production. Each event also includes a short explanation of the show as well as a presentation by someone from the production staff (set, costumes, lights, sound, etc.).
All programs are held from 7:30–9:00 pm unless otherwise indicated, and light refreshments are served. Please note that the Talk Theatre Lecture for A Midsummer Night's Dream will be held inside of the theatre.
Purchase Individual Tickets
Single dates are available for $15 each. Use the links on the schedule below to buy online now.
- Angel Street (Gaslight): October 19, 2015: Dr. Jennifer Popiel, history professor at St. Louis University, explores women’s roles in marriage and society in Victorian England.
- Peter and the Starcatcher: December 7, 2015: St. Louis’ own Ridley Pearson, author of the novel on which this play is based, joins us to talk about watching his book come to life on stage.
- The Lion in Winter: January 11, 2016: Our annual look at the production process takes us on stage in the theatre for behind-the-scene tidbits with Rep production staff and artisans.
- Disgraced: February 15, 2016: Free and open to the public, a special panel discussion in the theatre features Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright Ayad Akhtar and others discussing American perceptions of Islam in post-9/11 America.
- Satchel Paige and the Kansas City Swing: March 21, 2016: Dennis Owsley, host of St. Louis Public Radio’s “Jazz Unlimited” introduces us to the music of the era and its importance in American culture.
Check back often as our list of presenters is updated. Circumstances may necessitate a change in program.
Proceeds benefit The Rep and are tax-deductible.
Packages and tickets are on sale now. For more information or to make your reservation please call the Box Office at (314) 968-4925. Hurry, this popular series sells out fast!