The Tortoise and the Hare
Sensory-Friendly Performances |
by Sarah Brandt |
Music and Lyrics by Neal Richardson |
Directed by Laurie McConnell
- April 06 , 2019 / Saturday 10:30AM
- April 06 , 2019 / Saturday 12:30PM
We're excited to announce that The Imaginary Theatre Company will perform The Tortoise and the Hare in a pair of performances tailored for young people with sensory sensitivity and their families.
Sensory friendly details:
- The cast of actors is experienced with sensory sensitivity.
- Modified sound, lighting and other adjustments make the theatre space more sensory friendly.
- Pacing lanes and fidget rooms are available during the performance.
- The Social Story is available online prior the performance.
- Families can meet the costumed actors after the performance, as well as touch their costumes.
The story: The much-loved Aesop fable springs to life in this lively musical adaptation. Henry is a racer, one of the fastest bunnies the forest has ever seen. Shelly’s a tortoise, his quietly devoted best friend. Henry has always been the star of the show, until one day Shelly starts to have some dreams of her own. With the help of her forest friends, Shelly realizes her own worth, and Henry finds out that sometimes being the best isn’t the most important thing.
Show times are 10:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. on Saturday, April 6, and performances take place at The Repertory Theatre of St. Louis' Emerson Studio Theatre (130 Edgar Road, Webster Groves, MO 63119).